I am …
Access for specialized resellers
You are running a Natural Foods Store or a specialised Online-Store and would like to offer our organic seed products?Click here for the Resellers-Access
Any other commercial resellers, who for example are filling up seeds themselves, are kindly asked to address their enquiry via telephone or email directly to us: +49 (0) 6035 1899-0.
General Terms and Conditions of Business (GTC)
The following T&Cs apply to all orders placed via our online shop.
These T&Cs also apply to businesses for future commercial relations without the need for any formal expression thereof. Unless expressly approved by us to the contrary, we cannot accept the contractual validity of any conflicting or complementary general terms and conditions used by any business.
The general terms and conditions apply to all Bingenheimer Saatgut AG transactions. These terms and conditions are to be formally accepted by the buyer at the latest on receipt of the consignment. Deviations from this rule can only take effect if they are expressly agreed in writing.
We will not supply customers who promote a hatred of foreigners, nationalism or the glorification of violence. We reserve the right in such cases to draw on the legally enshrined principle of contractual freedom to terminate the contract.
Contractual partner, formation of contract
The display of products in our online shop does not constitute a legally binding offer, but only a non-binding online catalogue. You can initially place our products in the shopping cart without giving rise to any obligation and correct your details at any time before sending your binding order using the correction tools provided for this purpose and explained in the order process. By clicking on the “Order” button you submit a binding order for the goods contained in the shopping cart. The receipt of your order will be confirmed by e-mail immediately after your send the order. This confirmation does not constitute acceptance of the contract. We can accept your order by sending a declaration of acceptance in a separate e-mail or by delivering the goods within two days.
A binding contract can also already arise in the following cases:
• If you choose credit card payment, the contract arises at the moment of the credit card debiting.
• If you choose PayPal payment, the contract arises at the moment of your confirmation to the payment instruction for PayPal.
Contract language, saving of the contract text
The languages available for concluding the contract are German and English.
We save the text of the contract and forward the order data and our T&Cs to you by e-mail. The text of the contract cannot be accessed via the internet for security reasons.
Delivery costs may be added to the product prices displayed. Further information on delivery costs, if applicable, are explained within individual product offers.
We only dispatch goods en route; pick up by the customer is not possible via the online ordering process. If you want to pick up the goods, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We cannot accept PO Boxes or c/o addresses as billing addresses. They can however be used for deliveries.
Use of seeds
All the seeds offered for sale are not for internal consumption. Apart from cress the seeds are also unsuitable for sprouting especially when seed and sprout are consumed together. Cress and the barley grain used to produce the item sold as “Smoothie-Grass” undergoes a microbiological test in the laboratory.
Orders from abroad
Orders in our Online-Shop can only be placed by customers from the EU and EFTA-Countries.
Since July 01, 2022, we use the One-Stop-Shop procedure for EU orders in our online store: In this process, we pay the taxes to the German Federal Central Tax Office on a quarterly basis. Within the EU, depending on the country of delivery this may result in different gross prices, as the tax rates vary according to the respective countries.
Commercial customers within the EU (apart from Germany) must provide their VAT Reg No. with their order. If none is reported the VAT rate of the delivery country will be charged.
For customers within the internal market who hold a VAT Reg No, we are legally obliged to generate a delivery certificate for our products. The customer is required to complete and return the delivery confirmation form that accompanies the order as part of the purchasing contract. Any additional delivery or administrative costs incurred by the seller will be added to the bill.
The following payment methods are basically available in our online shop:
With the submission of the order, you provide your credit card details. After your identification as the legal cardholder, the payment transaction is automatically carried out and charged to your card.
During the ordering process you will be forwarded to PayPal's online website. To pay the invoice amount via PayPal, you must be registered there or register first, identify yourself with your access data and confirm the payment instructions to us. After submitting your order in the shop we instruct PayPal to initiate the payment transaction.
Directly afterwards, the payment transaction is carried out automatically by PayPal. You will receive additional information during the ordering process.
You may pay for your purchase by means of bank transfer after you have received the goods together with the invoice.
For new customers we reserve the right to demand prepayment if the order exceeds 200 € in value.
GLS Gemeinschaftsbank eG
IBAN: DE90 4306 0967 6003 9273 00
IBAN: DE82 5185 0079 0086 0016 08
In case of certain situations (for example notice of insolvency, delayed payment in the past) we reserve the right to demand prepayment from inventory customers.
Please note: The payment methods, which debit directly your bank account (credit card, Paypal), are only selectable, if the ordered products are "ready to ship", marked with a green point. Products with "later delivery" are only available to order by invoice. As soon as the products are getting shipped, the invoice is on the way to you.
Please also note, that the payment methods are not provided for every country, we deliver. You see the different kind of available payment methods in your personal checkout-process.
Retention of title
The goods shall remain our property until full payment is made.
For businesses, the following applies additionally: We reserve ownership of the goods until complete settlement of all claims arising from a current business relationship. You may resell reserved goods in ordinary business operations; you shall assign any claims arising from this resale – irrespective of connecting or mixing of the reserved goods with a new item - in the amount of the invoice amount to us in advance, and we accept this assignment. You remain authorised to collect the claims; however, we may likewise collect the claims ourselves, should you fail to fulfil your payment obligations.
Warranty and guarantees
(1) We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. For consumers, statutory warranty rights governed by the law of the country where the consumer has his habitual residence apply. Information on any additional guarantees and their precise conditions that may apply can be found next to the product and on specific information pages in the shop, if applicable.
(2) For businesses, the limitation period for warranty claims is one year from the passing of risk; the statutory limitation periods for the right of recourse according to § 478 BGB remain unaffected. The obligation to give notice of defects according to § 377 HGB (German Commercial Code) applies to merchants, according to which the customer must inspect the goods immediately upon receipt, insofar as this is feasible in the ordinary course of business, and, if a defect becomes apparent, must notify us immediately. If the customer fails to notify us, the goods shall be deemed to have been approved, unless the defect was not identifiable during the inspection.
(3) If the delivered goods are defective, we shall initially provide services to businesses at our discretion either by delivering a defect-free item (subsequent delivery) or by remedying the defect ( subsequent improvement).
(4) The following shall also apply to businesses: Claims for defects shall not exist in the event of only insignificant deviation from the agreed quality, only insignificant impairment of usability, and for defects which arise after the transfer of risk as a result of faulty or negligent handling, climatic influences or special external influences which are not presupposed under the contract. The variety descriptions given provide no guarantee. All the quality data supplied by the seller concerning germination, technical and genetic purity as well as seed health are based on its own tests. The quality data applies solely to the moment when these tests were carried out by the seller. A direct connection between these results and those experienced by the buyer cannot be assumed. Results are dependent on site, cultivation and / or climatic conditions. The product information contains neither a direct nor implied statement of consistency in the seed. Indications as to resistance levels accord with standard variety descriptions. They do not constitute a guarantee.
(5) The aforementioned restrictions and shortening of limitation periods shall not apply to claims based on damage caused by us, our legal representatives or vicarious agents; in the event of injury to life, body or health; in the event of wilful or grossly negligent breach of duty as well as fraudulent intent; in the event of breach of essential contractual obligations, the fulfilment of which is essential to the proper execution of the contract and on the observance of which the contractual partner may regularly rely (cardinal obligations); in the event of promises of guarantee, insofar as agreed and insofar as the Produkthaftungsgesetz is applicable.
Customer service: For questions, claims and complaints, you can reach our customer service by phone at Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 4:00 pm and Fridays from 9 am to 1:30 pm, telephone number +49 (0) 6035 1899-0 as well as by email: email@example.com.
We shall in any case be liable without limitation for claims due to damages that have been caused by us, our legal representatives or legal agents
• for injury to life, limb or health
• for deliberate or grossly negligent breach of duty
• for guarantee commitments, where agreed
• to the extent that the German Product Liability Act (Produkthaftungsgesetz) is applicable
Except these cases, our civil law liability is limited to the foreseeable and direct damages at the time of contract conclusion.
Code of conduct
We have submitted to the following codes of conduct:
Trusted Shops Quality criteria
Online dispute resolution
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolutions (ODR) which can be accessed at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
In order to settle disputes arising from a contractual relationship with a consumer or from whether such a contractual relationship exists at all, we will participate in dispute settlement proceedings before a consumer dispute resolution body. Consumers can contact their national European Consumer Centre in this regard. The respective contact details of the individual ECCs can be found at https://www.evz.de/en/alternative-dispute-resolution/adr-in-europe/.
If you are a business, German law applies, to the exclusion of the UN Sales Convention.
If you are a "Kaufmann" within the meaning of the German Commercial Code (HGB), public-law legal entity or special public-law fund, the exclusive legal jurisdiction for all disputes from contractual relationships between us and you is our registered office.
Further consumer information
You will find further consumer information here: https://info.bingenheimersaatgut.de/bilder/user_upload/Further_consumer_information.pdf